Together Forever

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Learn of me

I know this is probably really disappointing to hear, but this is not Beth. My name is Holly.. Beth is one of my really good friends and I am seriously so excited/honored that she asked me to do a post on her blog. Big shoes to fill, I tell ya. When Beth asked me to do this, I am not going to lie, I felt pretty inadequate. But with the help of my Heavenly Father I was able to have an amazing experience {yet really simple} experience that helped me to feel better about what I was about to do.

This morning I was in need of a little bit of spiritual TLC. I had been super sick for the past 24 hours and just wasn't feeling very up to anything- physically, mentally, and especially spiritually. Unfortunately, my illness/insanity had prevented {tempted &succeeded} me from reading my scriptures and keeping His spirit with me. I felt pretty down in the dumps- which is not like me. So I did what I needed to do and got down on my knees. I prayed with real intent and an honest, humble heart and attitude. I thanked my Heavenly Father for the things I have, the people in my life, and the blessings that he has laid upon me. I asked Him to help me feel his love and to help me heal. But the one thing I prayed for that was a reminder to me of His love- was for Him to help me overcome my temptations. And boy.. my prayers were answered. I immediately felt overcome with the spirit and I knew that He loved me. I felt invincible- like no earthly power could tear me down. My faith was turned into knowledge and a humble testimony.

Everyone has temptations and trials. Some seem bigger and harder, but in the eyes of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ they are all equally important. It is hard to define someone's trials, just as it is hard to define a person. As each son and daughter of heavenly parents is unique, has a unique story, unique past, present, future, and unique views on life, each of them has trials that are unique to themselves. Everyone is tempted to their maximum and is put through times unimaginable. Life is hard.

But we don't have to do it on our own! Isn't it great that we have someone on our side 100% of the time, that is 100% willing, and loves us 100%, no matter what? I think so, and I am so grateful for it. Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us so much that we are able to confide in him, talk with him, feel his love and spirit, and always rely on HIS example and gospel. He provides a place for us to feel comforted, loved, safe, calm, and happy.. all the time. You know where this place is? This place is in his son, Jesus Christ's, footsteps.

When we are following Christ and doing our best to be like Him, we are doing what our Heavenly Father wants and needs us to do. We are being who he wants and needs us to be. When we keep his commandments and are being Christlike, we can feel all of these things! Sometimes it is really, really hard to be everything that we should be. But if we are on the Lord's side, and if we ask Him to, He will help us to succeed. He wants us to succeed. He loves us enough to provide his mercy in order to perfect us, which is such a wonderful blessing that we are able to have! All we have to do is to let go of the world and walk in His direction.

Heavenly Father loves me. He loves you, He loves your family, your friends, your enemies, and everyone else, too. We will feel safe, happy, calm, fearless, LOVED, and comforted.. if we simply submit our lives to Heavenly Father and his teachings. I know this for a FACT and I am grateful for it every day as I work my way through my weaknesses, shortcomings, and trials.

Just to sum this all up.. I'd like to share one of my favorite scriptures...D&C 19:23

"Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my spirit, and you shall have peace in me."

2 comments:

granny said...

Beautiful, HOlly!

neeners said...

That's one of my favorite scriptures, too!! Love it! Thanks for sharing. . . you are amazing!!