Together Forever

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Basically...I know awesome people.

It's that time again! Yay! Ok, so remember how I said I was going to do two of the people I see with integrity? Well, it's time for the second one. And I'm just going straight to it. I'm going to be talking about the wonderful Audrey Warren.



Yes, the picture is slanted. That's because Colton Pitcher took that picture...haha but I kinda like it this way. But, Audrey. She's just so, so, so wonderful. She's in my lovely stake, so I've had the privilege to get to know her pretty well. And Audrey, well, she's just a rock. Like, there's no other word I can think to describe it. Because she's just so steadfast and true and, just rockish. Make sense? Ha probably not. Well, let me elaborate. Let's go back a few years.

So, I was a wee beehive, 12 or 13 years old. It was stake softball. My ABSOLUTE favorite. I was all gung-ho, and convinced that Lazona ward was going to cream every single team we played. Which we did, but that's beside the point. :) You see, I'm wee bit competitive...well more than a wee bit. But now, I've gotten to the point that I'm chill about it, and I'm just all about the fun - though I do love me a good win. Anyways, I was way enthusiastic and confident and just wanted to wipe the floor with everyone. Then I noticed little Miss Audrey. She was all calm and chill, having fun, but not getting all "RAWR" over the game. She was making sure she was playing fair and making sure everyone was having fun. She wasn't about the win. She was about the teams. Not just team, TEAMS. Emphasis on the 's'. So, although she probably had no clue that anybody noticed that, or was even aware she was doing it, it's just been one of her great examples to me. It shows how she's willing to be true - by playing fair and keeping cool about the game. Which I think shows great integrity. Because part of integrity is progressing and being the best you, right? So, she didn't let the game get her all upset, like it does for some people. She let her best self shine through, through it all.

Another thing I admire about Audrey is her patience, kindness, and love towards others. You see, another thing about integrity is living what you believe. Living your standards, living your testimony, if that makes sense. And, as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we take upon ourselves the name of Christ. So we are trying to be as Christlike as possible. Audrey is one of the most Christlike people I have ever met, and the three characteristics I listed above are just small examples of it. I see those three things in the way she treats people. She gives her time to those around her, showing her patience. And she's a friend to everyone around her. She's so willing to serve in any way she can. If anyone needs a friend, she's there.

Ah, there's just so much I could write about Audrey. She's just a rock solid girl. And I know that is because she has set her foundation on the greatest rock there is: Jesus Christ. She has set her life to follow His pattern, making her a rock in the lives of people around her. Making her a rock in my own life. Audrey, you are such a special girl, I hope you know that. Keep living your life the way you are. You are full of integrity and full of virtue. And because of that, you have become a great light in the lives of many people. I know that you definitely down the right path, the straight and narrow, and are well on your way to meeting your Savior. You are so wonderful Audrey! Love ya!

Ok, random change of gears. There's something I want to share from my scripture study today. It's one of those glue-ins you get at Girls Camp and seminary and stuff. For some reason this quote struck me with great force.

"Simply stated, testimony - real testimony, born of the spirit and confirmed by the Holy Ghost changes lives. It changes how you think and what you do. It changes what you say. It affects every priority you set and every choice you make. To have a real and abiding testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ is to be 'spiritually...born of God,' to 'receive his image in your countenances,' and to experience a 'mighty change in your hearts.'"

When I read this quote - it goes along with Alma 5:14 - it was just like BAM! I don't really know why. But it was something...like something I couldn't deny. I truly have seen this, experienced it and know it to be true. This past year, as I've been striving to continue to improve, to figure out just how I can be the best I can, I've noticed how my testimony and how the Spirit has helped guide my decisions and my actions. I've also seen the changes people have been making, because of increase testimony, and in increase of spirit in their lives, both in my family and in my friends. I know this quote to be true. And that's why this Gospel is so important. It changes lives. And the minute you stop living it, or take it away, you can immediately revert back to your old ways. It all goes back to the Mosiah 3:19. The natural man. It's something we will constantly have to fight against. And that's why this change of heart is so important. That's why a testimony is so important. It's what motivates you. Then, in the end, if you've kept that changed heart, if you've lived your testimony, the Savior will be able to look in your eyes, and see Himself in them. Just as He would see Himself in perfectly refined silver.

No comments: