Together Forever

Thursday, April 8, 2010

The rising generation

There's been something that's been on my mind lately. It's shown up in my scripture study ever since my study on the stripling warriors. It stuck out to me at conference. And then a verse that I read few nights ago just kinda of summed it all up. so I decided I'd post about it. I had been thinking about if for a little while, but was never quite sure if I should until that night. And then today in seminary, in the end of the lesson, it brought together the verse that I read and the stripling warriors. So I felt like I was on the right track. It probably was also Heavenly Father telling me "You've had this idea for a week! Get to it! Stop procrastinating and write about this on your blog!" So here is goes.

So this is the verse that I read:

"And now, behold my joy is great, even unto fulness, because of you, and also this generation; yea, and even the Father rejoiceth, and also all the holy angels, because of you and this generation;" 3 Nephi 27:30

The reason why it stuck out to me, I think, is because I had been thinking about the "rising generation" AKA: us. So kind of what this told me, was that Christ is pleased with us. Of course, this was spoken to a different generation. But the spirit told me that this verse is very relevant to today. Now, in this last General Conference, we heard a lot about the family, and the role of the parents and of the youth. The role of the parent is to teach the youth. The role of the youth is to listen and obey. It is also to be an example. To help spread the Gospel. Why was there such a stress on this subject? Because we are the rising generation! Our role on the Earth right now is so vitally important. President Ezra Taft Benson, when talking to the youth, once said:

"You have been born at this time for a sacred and glorious purpose. It is not by chance that you have been reserved to come to earth in this last dispensation of the fulness of times. Your birth at this particular time was foreordained in the eternities. You are to be the royal army of the Lord in the last days..."

At this time, he was speaking to a whole different group of people. But this still applies to us. Because as time draws closer and closer to the Second Coming, Satan works harder and harder to disrupt everything. To prevent so much good from happening. So why are we here at this time? Why am I here? Why are YOU here? Because you were faithful and strong in the pre-existance. You did much to help bring down Lucifer and his army. You proved that you could come down to earth at this time and prevail. you were a leader then. You must be one now. I must be one now. And the amazing thing is, as I look around the youth around me, I see such great faith. I see the strength and steadfastness that can - and WILL - bring down Satan. We WILL win. I see the great potential in the people I know. And it makes me so incredibly happy. To know that there's these great people who have my back. To know that There's these great people who are striving to make a difference in the world. Who want to bring the Gospel to every person. To share their testimony in both action and in word. We are the rising generation. We have great potential and strength. It was proven in the spirit world. We must prove it again. Satan wants to drag us down. Do not let him! Don't let him drag down anyone around us. Because we are the rising generation! He has no power over us! We only give him power. Be near the spirit, be near Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They will not let you fall. I know we can do so much. So do it. I know we have such great potential. So reach it. I will do my best. Because I know who I am. I am a daughter of God, and chosen to be a part of the rising generation. If I seem to falter, please help me out. Because I will strive to do the same for you. I love you. Never forget your worth. Never forget why you're here. Because we have a great duty to accomplish. We are the rising generation!

No comments: