Together Forever

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Count your blessings

"Are you ever burdened with a load of care? Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear? Count your many blessings; every doubt will fly, and you will be singing as the days go by. Count you blessings; name them one by one. Count your blessings see what God hath done." Hymn # 241

These past few weeks have been some crazy weeks. I've been super busy, super stressed, super tired, my back has started hurting again, and I've gotten a wee bit cranky. And yet, these past few weeks have been some amazing weeks, and I've been really happy. Well, when I wasn't being cranky. I think part of it is because of how blessed I've been, despite the craziness. My trials are small compared to the great blessings I can - and have been - receiving throughout m life. I mean, if I really think about it, there are people who are way more busy than me. Who have way more stress in their life. Who are way more tired. Who have worse pains than me. Really, what business have I in being cranky? Other than the fact that I'm a teenager...but that's still no excuse. So I apologize for that. but anyway. There's really no specific things I could tell you as to why I have felt so blessed. I guess it's just that things have been going so well, despite the craziness. I've been super happy. Like, happier than usual. I'm in general a happy person, but it's been like extra, like I'm taking happy pills or something. I wake up in the morning, go to Trig for my A hour, and I'm super duper happy. Not a normal occurrence. But I just feel like my eyes have been opened to just how much the Lord cares about me. About each and every one of us. He has taken the time to put little tender mercies in my life to make these past few weeks a little more - make that a lot more! - bearable for me. And it makes me want to commit to be the best I can be. To do more than I have been. To do all I can to please the Lord and thank Him for all that He has done.

So, the next time you feel overwhelmed and stressed out, or that things are just going awful for you, count your blessings. You will realize just how much Heavenly Father loves you. You will recognize so many blessings, so many little things you take for granted. And know that there is always some one who has it worse - or has had it worse. If you're you're stubborn and think that none of your friends have it as bad as you, remember the Savior and all that He went through. For you. Remember the Lord. Remember that He loves you. And strive to be worthy of all that He gives you. I want to be worthy of them. And I want to do my best to be just that.

No comments: