Together Forever

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

He lives!

So tonight I went to the Easter Pageant. It truly is an inspired program. I'm sad to say that I wasn't able to see it all the way through...I made the mistake of drinking soda before it started. So I needed to get up in the middle to use the restroom. It kind of broke the spirit of it at little. And I missed one of my favorite parts, the one where the little kid who can't walk ends up running to Christ. Yeah, I was a little upset. But the spirit was still there, and I still was touched. There were two things that kind of hit me the most. The first was when Christ says He will be betrayed, and then later on tells Peter that he will deny Christ 3 times. As the apostles said "Is it I?" I was struck with the thought "I hope it is never me." And then when Peter refuses to accept that he will deny Christ, but then ends up doing it 3 times, I was struck, more forcefully, with the thought "How many times have I denied Christ?" Because all of us at one time or another turn our backs from Christ. We all get prideful, we all sin. It really made me wonder just how often I deny Him, one way or another, after claiming that I'd never do that and proclaiming Him as my Redeemer and best friend. The second thing that hit me happened at the ending, when there's the whole "He lives" song and the angels and the multitude come out to praise, and Christ appears above the stage and everything. First, was the thought that if I wasn't in that host of angels singing praises of Christ, then I was definitely in heaven singing along. But that's just random and doesn't really have to do with anything. Second, was just the feeling of excitement for when Christ comes again. It was kind of a different feeling. Just a few weeks ago in seminary, we've talked about the second coming, and just how soon it is. I got a little freaked. no because I think I'm going to be destroyed or anything, but because I feel like there's so much more I need to be doing. But tonight, when I was thinking about the second coming, I just got so excited. I just kept thinking "I can't wait till He comes again! I want to be able to run to meet Him. I want kneel down at His feet and thank him." I really can't explain just how excited I was. It's like, anticipation for Christmas or a birthday times 50. I sort of hope that this was the spirit telling me that I'm doing a good job and that I'll be standing at the last days. Granted, I realize that there's still so much I should do, but I feel reasured that I'm doing an OK job. And I can't wait to see Him again. I just want you all to know, that I know, that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He suffered incredible pain and anguish for us. For me! For YOU! His words "Not my will, but Thine be done" are wonderful words, that show His sacrifce for us. He did not understand just how much agony He would suffer until it stared happening. But He still went through with it. He's our Elder brother. He's our friend. He loves each and every one of us, and patiently waits for us. I'm so grateful to Him, and I know I can never repay Him for what He did. I just hope that some day - some day soon! - I will be able to thank Him face to face. I know that my Redeemer lives! And I hope that you know it too.

No comments: