Together Forever

Monday, March 8, 2010

Life and death. Then life again.

So today after work i went to a viewing. My mom wanted to go and the place it was taking place at was right by where I work. So I went with her. The viewing was for Virginia Stradling. Now, I really didn't know her. She was in my ward when I was like 5. But I know some of her family. One of her daughters is in my ward, and so some of her grandkids are in Young Womens with me. McKayla and Tennille Heywood. They're some pretty amazing girls. But anyways, one thing you should know about me, I really do not going like going to viewings. Ok, I guess that's sort of a lie. I've only been to one viewing before this. It was my grandpa's, when I was about three years old. I really don't remember much about it, but I did remember not really liking it. It wasn't a happy place. That's about all I remember. So I haven't been to a viewing since, until today. And I now know why I didn't really like it when I was three. It's not that I was sad for Sis. Stradling. How could I be sad for her? She's probably experiencing some amazing happiness right now. I was sad because her family doesn't get to have her with them now. McKayla and Tennille don't get to have their grandma with them. Sis. Heywood doesn't have her mom here anymore. It was just an overwhelming saddness. But at the same time, there was more. The knowledge of forever families makes that sadness not quite so bitter. They will be together again. I'm so grateful for the experience I've had today. It's ok to be sad and to miss loved ones lost. But, oh how sweet the joy will be when the time comes for the loved ones to be reunited. There is life after death, and there is eternal families. I can't imagine how much more overwhelming the sadness would be in that room if the people there did not have that knowledge. I'm so thankful to be sealed to my family. To have the knowledge that I can have an eternal family. I'll always have my parents, my brothers and sisters. When I get married and have kids I can be sealed to them for eternity. When we are torn apart by death, we will be able ot be reunited. There will be life and death. There always will be. But there will always be life again, after death.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Beth, i love you :)
love your insights and comments.
this is definitely an amazing thing you're doin, keep it up girl :)