Together Forever

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Let's start at the very beginning!

All right. this is probably going to be a wee bit long. But it's my first post. Give me a break, will ya? So. I'm almost done with my Personal Progress. All I have left to do is Integrity, and I'm about halfway done. So, this is my Integrity project. I get to work on it while I'm doing the value experiences. So. Goal #1: Blog about my last few Personal Progress experiences. Goal #2: Share anything spiritual that I feel is important, whether from Seminary, Sacrament Meeting, Young Women, home, scriputre study, whatever. Goal #3: At least once a month, blog about someone who I have seen show integrity. After all, this is my integrity project. Goal #4: Get people to occasionally post on here of things they feel is important and then want to share. (If you have something you wish to share, talk to me.) Goal #5: Once I finish with my project, find someone to pass this along to. Maybe for a Personal Progress project of their own. I could keep it up myself, but I think it'd be cool to hand it off to someone. So then I guess it won't be the book of Beth anymore. It'll be the book of The Awesome Girl I Bestow it Upon. Goal #6 - The ULTIMATE goal: to be able to make a difference in someone's life. To help someone grow. To help someone's testimony. The number one goal of my life is to make a difference in the world, whether it's just the world to one person. I'm hoping that maybe this project can help me start to achieve that goal. So. Back to business. There are two things I wish to share with you today. One: a Personal Progress Experience. Two: Something I learned in my Young Womens lesson today. (great lesson by the way Sis. Martineau. I love your lessons.) Ok. First, personal progress. It was integrity #2. It's one where you change a certain behavior. I chose procratination. For those of you who don't know, I'm one of the greatest procrastinators of this generation. Great fun, right? Ha! False! It makes me stressed, and tired and cranky. Great time, let me tell you. So, I've been working on getting my homework done, and not waiting till the last second. It's improved. I'm by no means perfect, and it's still an ongoing thing, but two things that I've learned made me think that I did what was necessary to pass is off. After all, it's about making progress, not being perfect. So last Thursday night was possibly the most stressful night i've had for a while. I had a ton of homework, and I had baptisms for the dead the next morning, which meant I had to get up early. It was getting late when I realized I hadn't read my scriptures yet. I really wasn't close to being done with my homework, but I knew that if I put off reading, I wouldn't get a thing out of it. So I read, and returned to my homework. I finished my English, but I still had some Spanish stuff to do. I went to bed anyway, because I wanted as much sleep as possible. Amazingly enough, the next day in school, I was able to finish my homework in record time, and had not reason to stress about it. Lesson learned: don't put off the most important things. yes, homework is important, but when we put the MOST important things first (the scriptures in this case) the Lord will provide way for the other things to get done. Another lesson learned is that, integrity, and those habits and things required to do in order to have integrity, are not going to be easy. You're not going to be able to set a habit, and have it for life. You're going to need to work on it everyday, every minute. Once we let our guard down, who knows what could happen. Then, in Young Womens today, there was something I learned that kind of went with some things i had been learning that week. I love it when lessons connect! It makes it so much more personal. Anyways, I'm a very emotional person. And sometimes i let them control what I say or do. This isn't the greatest thing. What I learned today is this: emotions are not bad to feel. It's not a sin to feel a certain way. they can even be good, like happiness and stuff. But once we let those emotions dictate what we do and how we act, that's when it becomes a sin. Satan can get us to feel angry at someone, but we don't have to act on the anger. We don't have to let it dictate what we do. So, that's it. Hope you like it. Heck, I hope someone's reading this. If you are, I'll try to post something at least once a week. Till then!

1 comment:

Rach said...

The one person you are trying to help may be me. I always find something I need in your posts. Keep them coming! Love you Beth :)