Together Forever

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Job

I like learning about the story of Job, not because of his pain, but his reaction to the things he endured. The Lord was testing him to try his faith and see what he would do in the face of hardship. I dont think I could be as strong as he was, but I can learn from him and his example. I need to not give up when I have things going wrong in my life. Looking at the bigger picture and what will happen in the future and what will affect me for eternity can help me to keep my temper and not be angered by my situations. We can choose our surroundings all the time or our situations, but we can choose how we react and what we do with our lives when unexpected things do happen to us. Counting to ten usually helps with holding onto sanity. :)

I remember a story I heard a while ago. A man who was so patient and never got angry about anything. One day he was in an accident and fell a story or two from an unfinished building at a construction site. While he was in the ambulance, one of the paramedics asked him if he was alergic to any medication. He took a second to answer, and then said, "I think Im alergic to gravity..." How amazing that he could be in so much pain and still be lighthearted. When was later asked how he kept so calm, and said he always counted to ten before saying anything too! We should all find something in our own lives to help us choose the right and show love to others even when we get frustrated.

No comments: