Together Forever

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Tests of Faith

Something that I think we all find ourselves asking sometimes is, "Why me?". When trials come our way we probably don't cheer and yell hip hip hooray. One of my Sunday school teachers recently told our class about one of her teachers that she had in the MTC. She told us that her teacher would actually pray for trials to come. Of course when I heard this I was in awe. We all feel like we have enough to deal with, so why would we need extra burdens? If we read at the beginning of the Book of Mormon in 1 Nephi 3:7, we learn that "the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." We won't be given any trial or burden that we won't be able to overcome. During trials, our faith can be tested. We must always hold onto our belief and have faith that things will work out. In the end, we always learn something from our trials or become a stronger or better person. We might go through trials just so that we will be able to learn, and help another person. Trials come in many forms, and as hard as it may be, we should accept them with a willing heart. I know that Heavenly Father would not give us something that we would not be able to handle and learn from. Trials are learning experiences that help to shape our character. I'm grateful for the trials that I have had in my own life. Since it took me so long to join the church, I have learned to appreciate what I have. I know for a fact that my Father in Heaven knows me and gave me that trial based on my needs and abilities. I admire that MTC teacher who prays for trials, and it's my hope that we can all appreciate and learn from our trials.

3 comments:

Miya said...

Darling, you inspire me so much! I want to pray for trials now because that is way cool, only I am afraid at the same time!

Kristina Wilson said...

Thank you so much for that. It really helped me. I needed to hear that. Divine inspiration my dear. Thank you :)

Dani said...

Thanks Kristina! I'm glad I could help :)