Together Forever

Friday, May 14, 2010

Leaders of the world

A little over a month ago, I wrote a post about the rising generation. This is going to be similar. We, as the rising generation, have the responsibility to be examples. Sometimes that means a quiet example, just quietly doing what's right, gently showing others the truth and the way to live. And then there's the example that are the leaders. Not everyone is a leader. It is a definite talent and special ability. But it is a talent that is necessary. And a talent that Satan tries to twist for his own benefit, which just shows it's importance.

*I just kind of want to give a disclaimer. I feel very strongly about posting this at this time. But I'm having a little trouble. I still feel like I should continue, so I'm going to do my best. I'm just warning you, and I suggest that you keep a prayer in your heart at this time, so that my words will make it possible for the spirit to testify to you the things that are in my mind and heart at this time, and aren't coming out very well.

Satan is a great leader. He lead 1/3 of the hosts of heaven that chose their own path, instead of following the Father's plan. In fact, he continues to use his great leadership against us.

"Satan stirreth them up, that he may lead their soul to destruction." Doctrine and Covenants 10:22

How do we counter such great leadership that leads others to do evil instead of good? With the great leadership of the righteous.

"And it came to pass that they came many times against us, the Nephites, to battle. But our kings and our leaders were mighty men in the faith of the Lord and they taught the people of the ways of the Lord; wherefore, we withstood the Lamanites and swept them away our of our lands, and began to fortify our cities" Jarom 1:7.

We need leaders of great faith. To lead us against the adversary, to help us withstand the tempest and storms of life. To help us prepare and fortify ourselves against temptations. Without great leaders, I don't think we can survive this life. Because we need leaders like President Monson. Like our bishops. Like our young women leaders. Like our best friends. Bro. Tilley told my seminary class to check out this pretty sweet video. I'd like you to see it also. It definitely made an impression on me, which is what inspired this post. Rock Solid Leadership | Rock Solid Leadership Movie

I think my favorite quote is "We must lead for the benefit of others and not for the enrichment of ourselves." This life, though our goal is for our own eternal salvation, is not all about ourselves. We are to try to help those around us as much as possible. We are to love others. We are to serve them. We are to try to bring them to the truth and share the Gospel. We are to try to be leaders.

I hope this has helped the spirit testify the things to you that it testified to me. I really do love you guys. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Oh, and just to let you guys know, Alyssa Hundley will be making a post soon. She said Sunday. I'm going to try to ask others to post, also. If you have a desire to do something on here, let me know. And I may be asking you...I have a list of people I want to ask in my head. So yeah. Thanks again!

No comments: